• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vp540 print fading while printing

evil ink

Hey everyone Ive been in printing business for a few years and now Ive had my vp540 for last 2 years with no real problems. last week after i printed a 40ft wrap i went to print the next side and about half way thru i notice the colors aren't as solid and now its doing it more. Ive replaced the cap tops and waiting on damper to replace those. i have took of the panels to watch it print. (propped the safety switch open). as i watch it print i notice it doesn't close on the capping station completely as it prints. Is this normal? any help would be greatly appreciated as ive wasted 50ft of wrap trying to get this problem solved. Thanks for any advice and help

Hey evil ink,

Glad to read that you've already replaced the caps and have dampers on the way because those are the most likely suspects.

As for the heads not contacting the caps while printing, yes, that's normal; but no worries, that's not likely the source of the problem anyway.

On another note, to be sure the heads and caps are sealing well, please perform the limit initialized and cut down position adjustment. If you're not familiar with that process, please call your authorized Roland dealer to have them repair your printer.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: https://www.rolanddga.com/support/product-support-form

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn