• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP540 & Versaworks grey printing problem

kico-abaco

I know how to print greyscale images and how to use versaworks swatches so I never had problems getting desired grey color. But now I have this particular file which includes full color photo on a grey background (fountain fill white to 50% black).
Using Corel X4. Depending on motive, I often convert everything to rgb bitmap in Corel and export as rgb .eps, then import to vw so I tried that with this file. Color photo prints fantastic but grey background has red/magenta tint. I tried different settings/color corrections and get very nice grey background but then color photo looks very bad with dull colors. It seems like no way to get both.
Any idea how to get color photo on nice clean grey background with no other color tints in it?
:help

kico-abaco

If you assign grey as a roland color, you can edit the output values to make sure it's actually using 0/0/0/100 instead of whatever c/m/y/k mix it's currently using.

(Job settings/file format/convert spot color/details..... at the bottom there is "edit output color" which is theoretically what it will output as regardless of the input values)

Than you for your reply.
You mean using grey spot color from roland color swatches? Tried that, grey background prints amazing that way, but then color photo looks like sh*t with dull colors.
Also tried Color Management Properties dialog box where you can select the Matching Method for raster and vector graphics, that way I also get nice grey background but color photo prints dull whatever option for raster is selected.
Either way grey is fine but color photo looks like sh*t, like vw turn off color management for color printing or attach some kind of icc to rgb color photo which confuses color management.
If I convert it all to rgb bitmap and export as rgb eps, then color photo prints amazing but grey look like sh*t.
ajajaj

Patentagosse

In my shop when "composite" gray prints pinkish, it looks perfect outside in sunlight. It's probably due to neon lighting in my office. Will your image being seen inside or outside? If it's indoor, than welcome to my world. That's a tuff one.