• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP540i Color Printing problem

vance

I have a problem with the color tonality. The nozzle check seems ok, bit I am getting all prints more magenta than normal. This has happend suddenly ... no changes have been made.

Anybody has had this?

Attachments

• 1660715239735.jpg
    1660715239735.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 217
  • 1660715239765.jpg
    1660715239765.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 101

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
You have lots of deflection in that nozzle test, however that wouldn't be why it would change, my guess is the cartridge, have you recently changed the Magenta cartridge, it wouldn't happen right away after changing, as it takes a little for the ink from the cartridge to reach the head once changed due to the remaining ink in the lines from the previous cartridge. Could be due to an expired cartridge or just needs a good light shake.

vance

No we havent changed anything, we are using a CISS system, they come with a chip. I have some compatible cartridges that I will try to see if its a chip problem.

Zoogee World

Not a chip problem, but rather the ink pigment itself. I've had that problem with 3rd party inks in the past.

vance

Tried with the other cartridges and the same problem. is there a config setting in the machine? we have tried with two different computers and they both print the same magenta tone.

vance

Not a chip problem, but rather the ink pigment itself. I've had that problem with 3rd party inks in the past.
We have been using the ink for years, could be a bad one... will run some cleaning and see if we can get to the new ink from the cartdrige.

Zoogee World

Tried with the other cartridges and the same problem. is there a config setting in the machine? we have tried with two different computers and they both print the same magenta tone.
It wouldn't change right away, as you'd need to use up the ink the the lines, you could always pull down with a syringe to get the ink from the other cartridge to the head, but as they are the same color, you probably won't really be able to tell the difference.

vance

It wouldn't change right away, as you'd need to use up the ink the the lines, you could always pull down with a syringe to get the ink from the other cartridge to the head, but as they are the same color, you probably won't really be able to tell the difference.
Yes will try . thanks

vance

Tried pulling down to make sure I'm getting new ink and sill having the same problem.

Is there are color setting hard coded in the machine that may need resetting?

vance

It seems the issue is with the greys. here are a comparison from another machine.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 10.24.54 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 10.24.54 AM.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 88
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 11.30.50 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 11.30.50 AM.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 83

Zoogee World

Looks like it's putting too much Magenta down. I have this issue with my VS-300i and to correct it, I just take out some Magenta in the color adjustment in Versaworks, has worked so far, and I've been doing it since I got the machine.