• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS-540 Color Profiles

fusiongraphix

I currently own a VP-540 and a VS-540. Just got the VS last week. It always seems it takes a couple of weeks to dial in the color profiles, but I just cant seem to nail down any for any material?

My VP-540 was pretty simple i would download the right profile from all of my suppliers websites, Avery, 3M, Arlon etc.. and they all had every profile and they all worked great. The VS-540 doesn't have any profiles at all on any of there websites?

Also, I would use the Garmet heat transfer profile on the VP for transfer material and it would print awesome! I used the same profile on the VS and it prints horrible? Any Ideas? I know they are different technology but it seems it would print better but it doesn't?

I guess my main question would be is there anyone out there that has found a decent all around profile that seems to work on most vinyls?

I have been using alot of Arlon DPF4560 and DPF6000 and on the VP the DPF6000 profile seemed to work great on most vinyls? Even on 3M reflectives and Avery Wrap Vinyls..

Any help would be great!

Roland VS series printers began shipping in mid-2010, and the VS-540 around the 4th quarter of the year. Canned profiles (the ones you download from media vendor web sites) generally take around 6-12 months to arrive, as there generally needs to be a sizable installed base for the printer, and the vendor gets repeated requests for that model of printer.

Your other option is to make them yourself, and not be at the mercy of canned profiles.