• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS 540 Print alignment issue

rob128

Hi all,

We're having a strange problem with our VS-540.

We have been getting an intermittent "echo" of cyan but it only affects a 3-4 inch strip approx. 20 inches from the right side of the printer (pics attached). For the most part, it looks almost like a drop shadow about a half inch wide.

We have done manual cleans and examined at the encoder strip but did not see anything.

We have always used Roland inks and have not had any problems in the past.

Does anyone have any insight as to what may be causing the problem?

We have a job due Monday so won't have an opportunity to get a service call.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 101
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 99

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If it happens in all of your files/more than one, check to make sure your head cables are connected properly. Also, even though it does not look like a classic encoder strip issue, clean the encoder strip regardless if you see any ink on it. Other than that it could be a failing head, trailing cable or transistor on the main board. This is a weird one. It seems too precise to be an ink system issue to me.

If it only happens on that file, check to make sure you don't have any transparent shapes in your file. Also try to save the file as a different file type to see if that takes care of it. Could be a simple as a corrupt file.

rob128

Thanks,

Strange indeed.

It is happening on with different art as well, but it only effects that small area (denoted by the masking tape on the cover). We have tried different profiles and updated Versaworks and the firmware.

We'll do a cleaning of the encoder strip and check the connections and see if that helps at all.

Rob