• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS 540 Printhead Replacement Question

nrpmn

I just replaced the printhead and when it came time to enter the head rank info the machine does not have the capability to enter the alpha numeric values on the new printhead. The character line beginning with the letter "C" has the letters R and V in the alpha numeric sequence. My machine only has the alpha letters A thru F as programming options. Has anyone else encountered this and is there a solution? Thanks in advance, Mike

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The head used in that model is used in many different brands and models of printer. Some brands and models handle the head rank differently. So you might have gotten a head that wasn't specifically for a Roland and therefor the head rank isn't compatible. At the end of the day, you can install the head without inputting the head rank and it should still work.

If someone sold you the head as an Original Roland head, you might want to question them on that. An original head would have the proper head rank number on it.

damonCA21

I really wouldn't worry about it. On my old SP I have replaced heads and entered ranks and not entered them and have never seen any difference in print quality or longevity. I really think any difference between the heads is so tiny that it doesn't really matter if you don't enter them

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I skip that part pretty much every time lol. I'm not 100% sure but in my many years selling and installing heads, we've found it's just a serial number.

nrpmn

Thanks guys- I just did not want to compromise performance or quality on this machine. I have been chasing some issues with color and did not like the test print results on one of the colors.