• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help VS-540i not printing

jagsouthern

Our VS-540i is not printing anything. We have replaced the cap, printhead, and dampers. We changed the head rank numbers, reset the head group, run powerful cleanings, etc.
Ink is definitely moving. I've pulled ink with a syringe through the bottom of the cap and checked to make sure the new dampers were full of ink. Everything looks to be running normal. Any ideas?

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
hey. get to the head. and pull ink from the actual colors. disconnect the tube from the dampers. (get towels ready) make sure you can pull from there
If its resisting and nothing comes thru it might be the choke valves. had the same issue. but there is 1 choke valve per cartridge. I had 1 broke on me. I would be surprised if it all broke on you at once.

jagsouthern

Yeah I can pull ink from each tube. I have no problem pulling ink from anywhere. It's not leaking out anywhere. I mean, it's got to be coming from the printhead. I can pull it through the bottom of the cap. Just won't print anything. Even the test print from the printer.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sounds like you popped the head fuse. Not sure where it is on that model but I can pretty much guarantee that's what happened.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Changed the head fuse and still nothing. Any other ideas?

If the head fuse is good for sure then the head could be fried. Any time the head doesn't fire a single drop even when ink flows through the maintenance station, it's an electrical issue. Do you have the old head to install and see if it fires anything?

jagsouthern

If the head fuse is good for sure then the head could be fried. Any time the head doesn't fire a single drop even when ink flows through the maintenance station, it's an electrical issue. Do you have the old head to install and see if it fires anything?

No. I didn't think to hang on to it. I've got a call into our tech to see if he can give us any clue. So, we replaced the head and dampers because it had not been done in a while. The dampers were clogged pretty bad and ink was everywhere in the head when we pulled the dampers out.

Money_machine

No. I didn't think to hang on to it. I've got a call into our tech to see if he can give us any clue. So, we replaced the head and dampers because it had not been done in a while. The dampers were clogged pretty bad and ink was everywhere in the head when we pulled the dampers out.
Having same issue and have been trying to figure out for over a month! Did you get yours fixed? What was the issue?