• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS 640 Black Ink Problem

dmayhew26

Hey guys and girls, I have a problem with my VS. I have recently installed a brand new print head, Dampers, pump, cap top. It was printing perfectly and now I can't seem to find out what the problem is.

I can do a couple of medium cleanings and the test print will be perfect. I start a print and about 5-10" in on the black it will just start to fade out and loses a few nozzles each pass until finally there isn't any black left at all. Test print and no black. Do a few cleanings and black will come back.

Has anyone had this problem? Thanks in advance.

dmayhew26

That was my first thought to. I just changed out to another new damper and the same problem continues. Here is a picture of what it does, starts off perfect then starts to fade out.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 105
T

TonyC

Pump?

Could it possibly be a pump? Or it could be getting air in the line. Either way it appears to be losing its "prime."

anozira02

try flushing out the print head, check the clear tubing on the capping station it may need cleaning, check waste lines free of any obstructions, change the damper at the black ink line..