• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS-640 installed !

printmaster

We have just installed a new VS-640, our first ever large format printer !

Last minute we decided not to go with LC LM White and metallic but
rather dual CMYK and must say we are GLAD we did !

As a Offset and Digital printshop for years we actually did have some jobs
for the metallic such as wine labels, however we also have jobs for
vehicle wrapping and shop windows which we have outsourced for years, so we decided to "sacrifice" effects for speed, and it is already paying off !
I would recommend the metallic for a 2nd printer in the same shop though.

The print quality is superior to any print i have ever seen, which must have to
do with the new printhead.

printmaster

you will not regret getting this printer trust me !

I get a lot of work from advertising agencies and designers and so far the
comments are the same: they have not yet seen so fine quality especially on
gradients, colour brightness and even solid black !

SOA

We are real happy with ours too!! We chose the W & MT option, like you say its quite slow when printing these colours but its worth it! the print quality is exceptional on every setting! the gradients are unbelievable!!!!

CS-SignSupply

Last news I heard was that this model is on backorder from Roland until October. Roland must have had a good quarter.

benjercorp

is not that the printers are on backorder but because they have a big problem with metalized inks coming off very easy !!!

SOA

you have to laminate any metallic prints, otherwise yes, it just rubs off.
that was never a hidden fact when buying these machines tho!

ProColorGraphics

You have to laminate everything that will be exposed to abrasion. I can't believe people would think this is some magic stuff that can stand up to anything.

SOA

You have to laminate everything that will be exposed to abrasion. I can't believe people would think this is some magic stuff that can stand up to anything.

Tell me about it..

mdowner

Do you have any photo's of the print quality?

I'm debating whether to get an RS-640 (VersaArt), or the VS-640.
Price is a big difference, but the effects would make it worthwhile in our industry.

HCG

Roland RS 640

I have had our RS 640 for a year now with no problems at all-runs fantastic and great quality on all medias.