• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS-640 not finishing cuts on letters and missing side when "Cut Image Boundaries" set

Mike F

Hi all, currently having some issues with our VS-640. Doing some truck lettering and some of the letters aren't fully cut, mostly things like a G or R, letters that are a little more "complex" than say an L or an O. Another issue I'm having is that sometimes when I check off "Cut Image Boundaries" in the "Cut Controls" settings section, it will completely miss a side, usually the bottom. I can probably get around the "Cut Image Boundaries" issue by just adding my own cut lines for that, but the lettering issue has me stumped. Should I try different settings? I've already tried adding pressure and slowing the speed down. Do we possibly need a new blade? Is it the way I'm setting up the file? I've included one of the files for you guys to take a look at, couldn't include the .cdr so I just uploaded the .pdf (Hey Fred, can we get upload support for .cdr and .ppt files by chance?). Just for reference, areas like the inside corner of the flat horizontal line in the "G" are what's giving me issues. I should probably also mention I'm printing, laminating, and then cutting. Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance to all who reply.

Attachments

• gvw14000.pdf
    19.3 KB · Views: 205
If you are sending Postscript files to Versaworks (EPS or PDF files), be sure to set your EPS margin to a value larger than 0 in your Queue A/B Defaults (under the Edit Menu). The other issue sounds like the knife skipping on letters' oblique angles. Use a 60 degree sharp blade for laminated prints to minimize this.

Mike F

My .eps margin is set to .35, don't think that's the issue. So wait, I need a 60 degree blade to cut laminated vinyl? Is that just in general or just for lettering? Cause I've cut plenty of other laminated stuff on here before and it was all fine, just no lettering up until now.

2B

the 60* blade help LOTS when you have the acute angles, keeps the material

we have several blades preloaded into holders and depending on the material/thickness determines not only the blade degree but also the offset value.