• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help vs 640 random slight magenta squares and forms in printouts

XL_poster

print it easy...:)
Hi guys,

I've a problem with my printer in any mode - when try to print huge amount of yellow patterns, it print random slight magenta forms in it. It presist just in a specified lane - about 20-22 cm from the capping station and last in about 5-7 cm. If I move the basepoint toward from the specified lane, the problem not presist. If printing other graphic with any other color the problem is not consist.
I've tried to clean the encoder very gently - with no results. It is sure, that it is not a static, it forms shapes, square.

half year head, new dampers, captop and wipers...
Any suggestions?

XL_poster

print it easy...:)
Hi, not really, they are not constant lines... here is some more pics.
In this case, I use 106cm widh media, only with 2 roller on sides, the problem presist form about ~20 cm, from pinchroller on the right side (if you stand in front of)
IMG_20180824_080601_884.jpg IMG_20180824_080648_653.jpg

Joe House

If it is consistently in the same spot, I would lean first towards the encoder strip, then to the ribbon cables that go from the main board up to the print carriage. Try cleaning the encoder strip again with a little more vigor using isopropyl alcohol and a lint free rag - or I usually use an alcohol wipe from the drug store. Make sure that you move the carriage out of the capping station and wipe the encoder strip there as that is most likely where the encoder is reading (sorry my metric measurement guesses aren't as good as inches) when the magenta channel is 20 cm from the edge of the vinyl.