• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS-640/Versaworks profile for fabric?

jlebreton

Hello, I am new to wide format printing, and have recently installed a Roland VS-640 and versaworks rip.

I am having some difficulty achieving decent color on fabric (primarily Aurora "Stretch"), I have tried several canned profiles for similar products without much success. The image seems washed out and dull, I have tried adjusting the color controls manually on the rip, but can't seem to get "sellable" quality prints with this combination.

Is this the way solvent based printers print on fabric?
Anyone have a profile or insight?

Large Format

We use banner profiles like icc.lbv (light weight banner) and all available pinch rollers. Does the material have a backing?

jlebreton

Thank you for your response. I have tried several profiles everything from light weight banner to backlit film, and can't seem to get enough weight in the print.

The material does not have backing, but is a lightly coated fabric (think of a lightweight plastic kids bedsheet).

I can get it to run through the printer without bunching, by putting some tension on the take up reel, and running a loose loop in the back, and only 2 pinch rollers.

My main issue is inexperience with this equipment/substrate. I can print on banner/adhesive vinyl fine, but the fabric.... it only seems to carry half of the weight in terms of color when compared to banner/traditional vinyl substrates. Is this normal? Am I trying to acheive something that is beyond the limits of my equipment?

Custom_Grafx

Hi there,

I guess the first question, "is this material made for eco-solvent printing?".

Second thing, if it's too 'washed out' then you need to be putting down more ink?

Sounds like it's not compatible with eco solvent though.