• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vs-640i White Issue

Alex C

Good Morning team,

Having an issue with a VS-640i using WH & MT. Using Max2 inks. The print head and captops were replaced in may 2016. In Oct 2016 the white was firing fine but now feb 2017 not even a drop of white on the media.. Firmware 2.00 on Printer.
Any idea what can be done here

YOurs,

Alex

splizaat

Firstly - Roland white is a joke. But that is not helpful to you in this situation....every job we have ever ran with white on clear media using our VS540i has had complaints, even after an in-depth explanation and warning to the customer prior to ordering. Yes we double-hit all white, yes we click the white color slider to max white in VW. I won't run it anymore...

How often do you shake your white cartridge? We never ever run white anymore but still shake the cartridge every day or two. Have you tried a few heavy cleans in a row?

splizaat

Also - when did you put Firmware 2.0 on the printer? And did the white run up until that day?

Firmware 1.7 (I believe) broke our Light Black Channel and was not running the self-cleaning cycle long enough to pull ink through all channels fully, and even though Roland claimed they never heard of the issue, the next version of firmware that came out addressed the issue specifically and we never had the issue again. Maybe try rolling back to v1.9 if you can - if you happen to determine the head clears up after a few power cleans but won't stay unclogged.

Hey Alex C,

Based on the description you've provided, it seems that the white ink is not primed in the head. No worries, usually shaking the white cartridge, followed by a powerful cleaning will get the ink flowing again. It's also possible that performing the ink renewal will work. If neither of those actions help, it's recommended that you call your authorized Roland dealer to go onsite and get the printer up and running.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn