Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VS540 Questions

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Air Art Girl, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Air Art Girl

Air Art Girl Very Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    The new VS540 is very interesting with the metallic and white ink options.

Does anyone know if this will print on fabric other then the canvas or is that process still with dye sub inks only?

Tags:
  2. Andrew O

Andrew O Merchant Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    There are several suppliers of ecosolvent printable fabrics, including (in no particular order) Aurora, Neschen, 3P, and Fisher. I am sure there are others as well. They tend to be graphic display oriented. If you want to produce washable fabric for apparel or other applications, dye sub is your best bet.

3. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Fisher textiles have some good fabric's for solvent and eco solvent printers, I'm not at work now but tomorrow I will tell you which one I used to make custom thro pillows, the only thing I didn't like after printing it, it sorta has a rubbery feel to it, plus I washed it a bunch of times and the color did not wash out at all.