• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vs540

MichaelAlmand

Hey Everyone. Looking to upgrade I currently have a SP-540 and might be trading it in for a Vs540. The company is giving us $7500 for our 5 year old SP.

Anyone have any pros or cons about the VS? Is it worth the upgrade. There is nothing wrong with my SP. But if the VS is a lot better then I will.

Thank you

Mike

Gabriel

VS is a very good acquisition! Think about the configuration you are going to use, I think 2x CMYK is best.
Regards!

Gene@mpls

Hey Everyone. Looking to upgrade I currently have a SP-540 and might be trading it in for a Vs540. The company is giving us $7500 for our 5 year old SP.

Anyone have any pros or cons about the VS? Is it worth the upgrade. There is nothing wrong with my SP. But if the VS is a lot better then I will.

Thank you

Mike

That is an awesome trade-in- is that from the dealer? And are you in the
US? Thanks Gene

Custom_Grafx

VS 2xcmyk here.

No problems.

Had some banding issues initially but all fixed up now - some something to do with a misaligned cap seal or something... (so I was told).

If you currently use CMYK on your printer, and are happy with that, then definitely get 2xcmyk.

Although, if speed doesn't bother you, having metallic/white could be good for competition... personally, I don't have the demand for it.

Lincan

Slow than VP

I have VS-640 using 2xcmyk, I have seen VP-540i in action, I hate to say that 2xCMYK on VS doesn't beat 2xCMYK on VP.
Quality is good more than SP or VP but if you say printhead, be careful, this is 1printhead for 8 channel ink, one broken, one set to buy