• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS540i Vertical Banding

ATD Signs

We purchased a new vs540i 4 months ago. When we create a sign in our signlab 8 program with a solid color background, export it to
the desktop then send it to versaworks for printing we get vertical banding in the solid print colors. Roland doesn't have an answer for
this one. Frustrated with this new printer, wish I had my old SP540i back. Any feedback would be appreciated. Anyone else having issues
with their printer

Ragnabrok

if the bands aren't lining up with where pinch rollers are (they dent some media, and not on others) then it's usually solved by cleaning the encoder scale. A picture would help, but if it's throwing lines of random colours vertically that's for sure just a dirty encoder.

ATD Signs

It's a brand new printer. The encoder strip is clean. I have done all of my bi-directional settings, print pass settings, anything in
the manual that I can adjust or set has been done. One tech told me it could be a file transition issue. I have never heard of that
before. He said by createing my sign in my working signlab 8 program and then sending it to versaworks file information is being lost. Great , how in the he''can I fix that. Anyone else have file information lost in transition?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Throw up a picture so we can take a look at it. Vertical banding can be a tricky issue especially on new machines.