• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS640 no print after head soak and syringe

sidcon

Hello all and Happy 4th. Id be grateful for any help, Im having a heck of a time with this printer. I bought a slightly used VS640 to replace my XC540 and been having issues. I think air got in the lines from transporting it and having major nozzle drop outs in all colors. Its like I will have a perfect nozzle test print and the next one terrible. I normally just give it a few powerful cleanings and its back to normal for a week. This time 3 colors went out completely so I did a head soak then used a syringe and now all colors completely out and just blank test print. Any thoughts on would could have happened. The funny thing its even though a blank test print, the cap top has full color and during cleanings is sucking the ink thru the cap tubes to the pump so ink is going thru it, so why wouldn't there be some sort of color coming out in the test print. Thank you again for any help in fixing this to get me back up and running

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
I did a head soak on my Roland and seem to remember that the first few tries of test printing were very faded.
I printed some squares with just the CMYK colors. I believe that they were something like 1" x 5" of just pure CMYK and it took a while but the colors did finally come back to normal.

sidcon

Fuses checked out fine, tried printing and nothing. This is weird because the captop has full fresh ink of all the colors from the cleanings and ink is pumping thru them so should print. Im completely stumped

sidcon

Tried to pint another image, this is what I tried printing. sorry for the quality it was taken from the computer screen with my phone.

this is what printed

Any ideas? Thank you again for any help

premiercolour

Merchant Member
If you did print some out, it is not the fuse. Fuse burn will result in 0 print.

Make sure your factory dampers and cap top were changed within this year. Aftermarket dampers never work on this particular model. I would buy eco solvent cleaning cartridges and run a head wash before it is too late. Are you using OEM inks? We have both OEM and Jetbest cleaning cartridges in stock to ship.

sidcon

Hi, the dampers and cap top were done right before I bought it about a month ago. Im not sure if they are aftermarket dampers though and not sure how to tell. We are using Triangle inks. I just took another check over, I see there is or was a leak from the top of one of the dampers and leaked onto 2 of the 4 thin wire harnesses that attach to the head unit. Could that have shorted something out? Is there a fuse for that? what damage could that have done. thank you again.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Hi, the dampers and cap top were done right before I bought it about a month ago. Im not sure if they are aftermarket dampers though and not sure how to tell. We are using Triangle inks. I just took another check over, I see there is or was a leak from the top of one of the dampers and leaked onto 2 of the 4 thin wire harnesses that attach to the head unit. Could that have shorted something out? Is there a fuse for that? what damage could that have done. thank you again.

Ok. So you saw trace of ink on the cable or head. You want to turn off the printer, unplug the power cord to prevent further possible damage. Don't turn it on. Locate a certified Roland technician to take care of this for you. If you don't have one, we can give you a phone number that he might be able to help you over the phone or you can bring the machine to Los Angeles.