• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help VS640 Nozzle bleed issue

Aho

AHO Reklam
Good day! I have some issues with my Print head (i think) but i would like your opinion.

I have a Roland VS640 from 2013.
Using Eco-Sol Max 3 ink with dual CMYK setup.

I have performed all types of cleaning, manual cleaning. Head soaks over 48H. But without luck.

See attached image. I have Cyan bleeding in to Yellow on left side of the head. causing horrible lines in most prints with any yellow.

Is this a new printer head i am looking to buy or have you seen this before?
Nozzle_test.jpg

The head is 4 years old. New captop,wipers and felt recently changed.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
It appears you may have a internal micro-crack between the yellow and cyan channels in the print head. Have you had any head crashes? Is the bleed-over always in the same exact place?

InkjetAuction

Sorry to see that you have a problem...

Like Jim Hancock points out you have a internal leak between chambers. It's essentially a failure of the internal seals. It's going to get worse with time and additional cleaning cycles will only make it worse.

This is happening all over the place with these DX7 heads. They go for about 4 years and out of nowhere you'll start seeing this problem. Funny enough and often happens after a captop change and you suddenly get better suction happening through the head.

You'll probably be able to squeak sometime out of this head but you should start to wrap your head around a head replacement.

Good day! I have some issues with my Print head (i think) but i would like your opinion.

I have a Roland VS640 from 2013.
Using Eco-Sol Max 3 ink with dual CMYK setup.

I have performed all types of cleaning, manual cleaning. Head soaks over 48H. But without luck.

See attached image. I have Cyan bleeding in to Yellow on left side of the head. causing horrible lines in most prints with any yellow.

Is this a new printer head i am looking to buy or have you seen this before?
View attachment 146822
The head is 4 years old. New captop,wipers and felt recently changed.