• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS640 vs Avery 1005EZRS

shakamara

Hi All

We have a Roland VS-640 and have encounted issues with printing certain colours on the Avery 1005 EZRS. The prints have a bad banding problem with flat colours and shades of colour, in particular black and grey. We cannot get a solid black at all. We have installed the Avery1005 profile, feed calibration set to -0.15%, heat: print at 40 and dryer at 45. Any comments or suggestions regarding this? I have attached some immages to show the problem.

Attachments

• DSC03970.jpg
    DSC03970.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC03973.jpg
    DSC03973.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC03976.jpg
    DSC03976.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 135

Patentagosse

Are the colors picked from Roland's palette? Why would you use Avery's profile absolutely? If you have another one printing decently on cast, use it. Period.

I'm very picky when it comes to color matches and perfect prints w/o banding... and in all honesty, I only use 3 differents profiles to print all my medias. I have one for cast, one for calendred and one for banner. I stay away from "test & try" when I have a good working one. No one said you MUST use Avery's with their media. The only times I use another one listed in VersaWork is like rare occasions when I'm printing a poster (for example) but after I've tried the current ones. 'Just my 0.02¢...

GVP

We've found that for many jobs, Roland's GCVP profile gives a better density (especially on solid black) than Averys profile for the ez1005.

J

john1

I have great luck with the generic profiles vw comes with. I have found a bi directional calibration and the printer heat being 110 helps with less grain