• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek GS3200 aux encoder errors

ellsmako

Anyone who has a Vutek GS 3200 or Gs period,... do you get Aux encoder errors ? You can check through diagnostic, media motor. Service says all machine show them.

There is no pop up but I am curious anyway.

Also Main vent fans ( yes the noise makers ) seem to fail

any other owers out there. ?

miker

1) Yes, the main fans on top of the machine are very noisy. We had 2 fail on our GS2000 and they were replaced. The ones on our 3200 seem much quieter.

2) Yes, we have had encoder errors on our 2000. Basically, where you see the error message under "diagnostics" is just a log with a time stamp of the errors. it does not mean you are currently in an error state.

ellsmako

We get a full board with matching time stamps
All day long with artifacts , turning off the encoder
Produces great result without error since its
Disabled, have th GS since aug and already on four
Fans . They shreekk in the am. Still think it's odd that
We have the errors since carriage log is fine it's
The media drive producing the supposed false log.

miker

agreed. the media drive encoder is inside the drive motor, so it has to be replaced as a full unit.

As for the fans, when I replaced them in my gs2000 I noticed they were a newer part number than the original fans. Maybe they have upgraded the part and europe is not getting the new parts until the old ones are all used.

ellsmako

Yeah they changed out the encoder but it did nothing. Fans are sofasco model sA28089VHBT

in canada

made in Taiwan ( usually produce good stuff ) have been changed out and already howl in the mornings.

on a side note ( this is not only EFI problem ) Just recieved the wrong parts again , agfa etc has done the same thing order one part get something else, maybe someday they will get it right. Great wooden crate but part is useless.

Machine is New only a couple of months, used to shut itself down or freeze carriage until I found the badly twisted wire harness, now its ok.

BANDH

i'm wishing the fans would fail on our gs. i would love to order and install some quieter ones. i'm listening to them drone on and on right now.

miker

my suggestions is to print 2000 mdf panels that have not been cleaned. That will break them right away (and make your machine super dirty).

ellsmako

Just changed our third exhaust fan, ( yes the printer has only two ) , factory says these are different but they are exactly the same model. Last one was only 1 month old and FSE installed it, This one I did in less than half the time. Machine is only 3 months old .

Nothing beats a pair of noise cancelling head phones.

SIde note: I finally have a few bay posting for presvu,2360 parts.