• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek Issues

Aqua5

I'm having an issue with a file I archived to use again. I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this problem.

The original print had a main background of warm gray. I printed this 500+ times with no color shift whatsoever. I archived the file as I knew I would run this again in the future. So a month laster I get a request for 300 more prints. I recall my original ripped file from the archive and begin printing. The background is now has tinted to a greenish gray. I've run every test possible and the Vutek if printing everything I throw at it fine.

Any suggestions or fixes as to why this has happened?

ellsmako

Since you verified , jets, etc, have you tried other files, I suppose you are printing a four color black , light colors will be the most critical. Also a grey will show everything. What material ? You probably have gone through several batches of ink and it does not take much to skew. Also did you have any hardware changes suck as high voltage board. What printer ?

Dave Rowland

very similar thing happened to us... too many variables can change on gray.. . height hight... drying... uv lamp life nearer end (dot gain)... media slightly different colour white point
so many things

RobbyMac

Ran into this with a print turning pink on our 2360 once. drove me batty until I loaded new material in to find out something was wrong with the material and not the printer. Not saying thats your issue here, but worth a try... especially with an .rtl file.
as mentioned previously, climate can play a part also.