• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek PressVu 200/600 UV

drifter2130

I have a Vutek PressVu and am starting to get alot of buildup from overspray on the belt and was wondering. How to clean the belt to get the buildup off the bed. I have talked to EFI and they have not been able to help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

nutrends

use the end of a metal ruler to scrape it off. It's manual and labour intensive but thats what I found worked best and wouldn't scratch the belt

ellsmako

Yeah that will work,... you just do not want to cut the belt or gash it, When the ink comes off it will look like the belt pattern, I use the back edge of a 1/2 inch wide exacto or retractable blade. I do it with the belt moving forward on a horizontal surface. Takes practice. Trick is to not let it get that way in the first place ( obviously ) by appling painters take to where your over spray is going to be.

Belts can be cleaned ( after being removed from the printer )with a pressure washer and use a new pintle .