• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek PressVU UV 200/600

panchito2099

Hello everyone!

Ive seen some of your helpful replies to some colleagues posts and I would like to ask you about a problem I am having with my Vutek printer.

IT was working fine until one day, one of the glasses that covers the lamp broke. We kept printing for some days (very few meters) until the lamps suddenly turned off while printing.

So I called a technician (not certified) and he did a maintenance to the lamps and to the power supplys. He cleaned everything and put everything back in order.

Now when I tried to turn the machine on , it freezes when the turning on sequence starts and doesn't run. I am attaching a picture at the position where it sits and freezes keyboard and mouse and sits there.

Hope you can help me my friend,

Thanks

Attachments

• vutek 200 600.jpg
    vutek 200 600.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 144

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
That glass that broke is actually a Quartz filter and pretty important to proper curing. First of all that should be replaced properly.

I would suggest calling EFI/Vutek support on the phone and speaking to them about it. Speak to Alejandro about settings on the Mobos I think. Could have an issue with some settings for some reason or could be a controller board that is fried.

ellsmako

First off , WYLDGFI is correct of course about the Quartz , heat mirror, secondly do not print without them. third you may have over heated the lamp assembly and fried the thermister ( thermal fuse ),

It may sound strange but with the machine off tap the three large white contactors in the power cabinet with the back of a screw driver . then start the printer, when those contactors age the can stick off ( although) it may look like they car active. If tit starts then either diagnose which one or change them all.