• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek Print Head Voltage

After pulling a few heads out of a QS2000, I've noticed there are aftermarket heads that do not have the voltage printed on the label. I'm seeing print quality issues and I feel they are relating to head voltage. Does anyone know how to figure out what the voltage should be?

DerbyCitySignGuy

After pulling a few heads out of a QS2000, I've noticed there are aftermarket heads that do not have the voltage printed on the label. I'm seeing print quality issues and I feel they are relating to head voltage. Does anyone know how to figure out what the voltage should be?

There's no documentation or anything with the heads? Have you called the manufacturer? Usually they can look up the heads by SN and give you the proper voltages. You could always fiddle around with the settings until you find the sweet spot, but who has time for that? Pretty sure VUTEk isn't going to give you any assistance.