• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek QS2 Lamp in an alarm state

Sam C

We recently replaced the left and right UV curing lamps, we followed all of the steps for replacing the lamps as is listed in the maintainance guide.
We pulled both housings out and replaced the lamps, put everything back together as before and installed the lamp housings back onto the carriage and connected all of the wiring and air supply
Turned the main power switch back to the on position and started the press, The press follows its usual start up procedure and ignites both lamps and continues to warm them. The right lamp usually heats up first and begins the high power mode on the Fan to cool it, right before the left lamp gets to ready mode the press shuts everything down and comes up with these Error messages in this order.
Left Lamp is in an Alarm State
Waste can is full
Door is open
Left Lamp communication has failed
Right Lamp communication has failed
Carriage lift drive communcation has failed

I would like to note that if I press the Green start button on the press and select Restart, the press will start up fine and both lamps will ignite and fully warm and will allow me to print without any further issue.
But if the press cools down and typically if I switch off the main power, the error will appear again.

We have done the following to try and diagnose the issue:
Removed both housings and switched the left and right lamp, Error still appears "Left Lamp is in an Alarm State" when started up
Removed the Fan controller board from both Housings and switched, Same error appears
Checked and Checked connections to the Left housing.
Both housing fans are functioning normally,
Both Shutters are operating normally,

We did put some High Temp shutter grease on the left housing because the shutters were making noise, Noise has stopped and I also went back and wiped excess grease to see if it wasn’t allowing the shutters to move as freely.
Also tighted a few screws holding the shutters themselves aswell as the air piston for the shutters.

On the PC I opened up the Sensors window, under Hardware sensors it is as follows
Door: Illumated (Checked All doors)
EStop: Not Illuminated
EStop Latch: Not Illuminated
Waste Can Full: Illuminated (Waste can is not full)
Maintainance Fluid Can Empty: Illuminated (Full of Fluid)
Main Air: Illumated

Can anyone shed some light on this?