• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek QS2000 continual Ink Overflow on channel 5

This was happening before....after phone support with EFI...either a bad damper or a float switch.

switched floats with another channel....and put new dampers on all 3 ch 5 heads...heads kept clogging- ordered new heads.

got new heads in, printed great for a few hours....then got crappy. replaced a few vac lines- heads would intermittently act like vac leak/ bad damper.... they are all new. if i do a 20 sec purge before printing- print is acceptable but not great. if I don't purge that long- ch 5 heads seem to drop out over 8' of printing.

now I just keep getting the ink overflow ch 5 error within seconds after clearing it....

anyone got a clue?!? all other channels are beautiful...just fighting this one.

Roger the Mash

You have a problem with your suction leaking somewhere, the meter at the left should read somewhere around 50/54 to find the leak nip the clear plastic pipes in turn along on top of the secondary tanks that go into the electric valves at the front until you see the meter regain its correct pressure then work through that tank connections and o-rings

You have a problem with your suction leaking somewhere, the meter at the left should read somewhere around 50/54 to find the leak nip the clear plastic pipes in turn along on top of the secondary tanks that go into the electric valves at the front until you see the meter regain its correct pressure then work through that tank connections and o-rings
I have noticed that if I clamp off the clear line that runs to the two white blocks mounted to the inside of the top left of the carriage the gauge drops to zero and no longer sounds like a hissing snake but former operator told me it always does that to some degree. I'm not at the shop now but I thought it said 54 the gauge. But when I do clamp at tube all the Head Start weeping. I thought maybe those white blocks were leaking.

I apologize if I don't sound like I'm too knowledgeable here :) however I just kind of had the machine dumped on me with only the basic users guide as a reference. I used to use a Jetrion
And could troubleshoot that one fairly decent but I also had the benefit of a service contract to help troubleshoot. I will check that gauge when I get in later today. Thanks for your help!

Roger the Mash

The machine I have is a previously much maligned Vutek GS2000 so as you are I am on a very steep learning curve, I believe that you have a suction leak at the bottom or below the secondary tank which is allowing it to draw ink up from the head and pipes and overfill the tank which then floods it

Roger the Mash

Ps the white blocks are where the vacuum is generated using compressed air I believe so if they work they will make a noise but check the connections even so

I clean the secondaries Hank bass up after removing the float cleaning all the seals put it back together and now I'm starting to see what happens. The vacuum keeps going from .56 to .58

Attachments

• 15752346222655369958850320470780.jpg
    15752346222655369958850320470780.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 301

Roger the Mash

Also I am thinking that if vacuum is leaking into the tank it aereats the ink ink causing bubbles and also swells the ink making it overfill and bad print
Hope this helps let me know how you get on

InkJetsetter

If the over fill was severe likely have ink inside the overflow chamber Look on front of carriage, there is an aluminum block left-center with a solenoid mounted on right side under vacuum manifold. This is the overflow chamber. Look for a clear tube coming off bottom of this assembly, that's the drain tube. Use a syringe and draw ink down from chamber. Inspect and replace any clear tubing that has been contaminated.
if there is ink in the tubing the color of the ink is the suspect channel for secondary tank float failure.

Secondary to something in carriage there also may be o-ring damage within the ink coupler where it meets the ink jug. Would inspect inside the under side of the coupler.