• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek QS2000 head voltage problem

coolgray

I'm looking for some help. I went to fire up the printer after about a week of inactivity. I had a little trouble getting a good looking jet test, which is normal after the printer sitting idle for a while. But I wasn't getting any jets firing in the light cyan channel. It would purge, but not print. I noticed the voltage was really high (about 27, instead of about 19). I've never had to adjust the voltage, but I tried to, and it won't adjust. It even displays the same high voltage with the head unplugged. It seems like a bad backplane board to me, but I want to be sure. We don't have a service contract, and it looks like they are around $5000. I'm not able to contact Vutek right now. I think we have some kind of standoff over a billing issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gregwallace

First check the pixel switch. Since its the whole channel that could be your problem. Are there any lights on the heads with the machine on? You could do a head swap as well but do not plug any working heads into the light cyan channel. If there is a problem with the board it could mess up any head that is installed in that slot.

wunder

I'm looking for some help. I went to fire up the printer after about a week of inactivity. I had a little trouble getting a good looking jet test, which is normal after the printer sitting idle for a while. But I wasn't getting any jets firing in the light cyan channel. It would purge, but not print. I noticed the voltage was really high (about 27, instead of about 19). I've never had to adjust the voltage, but I tried to, and it won't adjust. It even displays the same high voltage with the head unplugged. It seems like a bad backplane board to me, but I want to be sure. We don't have a service contract, and it looks like they are around $5000. I'm not able to contact Vutek right now. I think we have some kind of standoff over a billing issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hi...i like to ask some to do.....

first place another head your be true its working to the place from the head not working.....result ?
Change the voltages from control side ? i dont remember it true......cant be adjust from printside (only GS-Serie its all in one)

unplug heater modul from Head (can give different problems)

you check it out to change the card from head ?

Cleanup the connector on both side (printhead and Backplane)

Check the fuses 2 or 3 to check out ?

Please send some picture from the startup (control Side)