• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vutek QS2000 - multilayer white not printing under 4/c areas

Ripped from Caldera 11.2,,,,

I set up 3 layer at Vutek.

Top Layer is 4/c border
Middle layer is white file to put white just under border (and print some white text)
Bottom Layer same as middle (for density).

it will NOT print white under the areas of 4/c. if I did 2 layer , it prints all the white in my white file.
soon as I add the 4/c image to top layer- no white where there is 4/c

Thanks in advance.

tbaker

Have you been able to print a multi layer file in the past without issue? If so, has anything changed on the prepress/caldera side?

since the press is printing white without issue, and I’m assuming color, without issue, this indicates a rip issue. White files should be a separate layer named White_Ink.
So in illustrator you have your art layer, a layer for white ink, named appropriately
In your queue, select your 8mage file (color) select create multilayer, your second layer will be the white layer(which should still be in your input queue) select white layer in the pull down.

it sounds kind of confusing, but honestly problems printing white typically start in illustrator. The name is very specific White_Ink

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Is the spot color showing up in the rip? In Onyx, we have it set to a light blue at 50% opacity so you know it's working.
Also,
upload_2020-7-31_17-55-4.png
we have to have overprint fill on to make sure it doesn't omit anything underneath your spot color.
Good Luck!