• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek qs3220 suction / print lines

homerunmedia

We have a Vutek QS3220 and we are printing color + white ink on a 60” clear PET window film.
We previously ran these with no problem, but all of sudden are encountering what looks like a "suction / print line" about every 10”. Since then, we have printed on canvas, regular adhesive back vinyl, and even 3/16" clear acrylic - all prints came out fine so we believe the issue lies with the suction since the PET film is so thin.
We have tried the following,

• Printing on both left and right side of the flatbed
  • Reducing the heat / vacuum levels
  • Hooking the film onto both tension rolls (Previously when the prints came out correct, we had 100% suction they were not hooked on the tension lines, it was fed by a table roller)
Any tips or advise would be appreciated.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Suction Lines.jpg
    Suction Lines.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 157

homerunmedia

We opened it out of the box approxiatmely 2 months ago, as far as sitting on the shelf - That I don't know.

When we were mid-way through the roll, the prints came out fine, but as we got to 3/4 of the way, the lines started to appear.

Typestries

We opened it out of the box approxiatmely 2 months ago, as far as sitting on the shelf - That I don't know.

When we were mid-way through the roll, the prints came out fine, but as we got to 3/4 of the way, the lines started to appear.

By any chance, does the line spacing equal the roll circumference? You said it was sitting on a shelf. That could be the "line" where the shelf was tangential to the roll, and the media got pressured damaged from the weight of the roll applied to that "line" along the length of the roll.

Seen it happen here before.

gregwallace

Have you figured it out yet? These lines are on the printers y axis right? We have a qs. It looks like tunneling or ink buildup on the belt causing a high spot. Raising the heads will help it blend in better.