• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek UltraVu... Print Justify Right?

SignNoob

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to get all the images on a roll to print justified right, so the laminator can set a knife to just trim the whole one side as it laminates.

We print with 1 jet bar on the right side and set the left margin .15, right margin to .05 and the space between images to 2.5.

But it seems to places the images in between the margins where ever it wants.

I don't see any obvious setting for this.

Thanks for any help! :smile:

ellsmako

margin left is the dominate side, images will print at whatever amount you set from the left side of edge. any number to the right will be added to the print size . SO on a 54 inch roll with left at 4 inches and right 4 inches, and say a 30 inch print. Print will have a 4 inch left white, then 30 inch print then 4 inch white, but since the print is 30 inches you will have 20 inches of white total.

To get more right side then you have to tell it how big the left margin. Center will do good but the margin will vary.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
The reason why the margin varies is the 150 has pressure rollers. We experience it on our 3360 as well.....
If the roller has a tendency to pull to one side, its going to keep tracking in that direction. You can utilize track edge feature I think the 150 has it....OR if it had double sided printing ability, again not sure the 150 had that or not....print the file as the first side of the double sided. It will then re-measure the material for every duplication. These Vuteks...150...3360s typically have an issue aligning consistently. We've had that issue for years with our machines.

SignNoob

Well our version might be too old/basic. I don't see anything about a Track Edge, even the little Help program doesn't work, its not on the install CD we have.

But I think maybe with a little math and practice I might be able to do it with the info Ellsmako posted, being that our version does at least let you see the actual print size and file sizes.

Thanks for the help!