• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VW BUG....all new for 2012!!!! awesome.

OldPaint

oh now the kids gona enlighten me on BMW / BSA HISTORY??? thats rich. heres how it started,,
The company traces its origins to 1913, when a Bavarian named Karl Rapp began an aircraft-engine shop in Munich named Rapp Motoren Werke. In 1917 Rapp resigned and the company, led by Austrian engineer Franz-Josef Popp, changed its name to Bayerische Motoren Werke. That same year chief engineer Max Friz designed the company's first aircraft engine, the six-cylinder Type IIIa, which created strong demand for BMW engines.

During World War I, BMW aircraft engines founded a tradition of excellence and reliability. It was Baron von Richthofen, the "Red Baron", who praised the BMW engines that powered the legendary Fokker Triplane of 1917. In 1919 an aircraft fitted with a BMW engine gained the world altitude record.
1920 Martin Stolle designs the M2 B 15 engine for the "Victoria" model motorcycle. WHICH WAS NOT THE BOXER TYPE ENGINE. those didnt come until the 1949-50.

B Snyder

Unless equipped with a sidecar, beemers always have and always will only have 2 wheels.

I miss my R1100SA. :(

trimguy

12 beetle matte black w/ scallops

a fun partial wrap:signs101:

Attachments

• IMG_5485.jpg
    IMG_5485.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5497.jpg
    IMG_5497.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 42