• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wacom Tablet

dlndesign

I am definitely getting one this year. I am thinking a 6-4. I heard that the size wouldn't make that much of a difference depending on your drawing style. I am pretty intricate and detailed, so smaller size would suit more of my style of drawing. But from time to time I am be pretty expressive as well, so I would imagine a larger size would help, but all you'd have to do is shrink down the viewable area depending on your art board size. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I use a 6x9 and I researched it beforehand and this was a good compromise. Some liked the really large version but most found it tough since your arm had to move so much and it does require a large area in front of you to use. They also make a widescreen version that is somewhere around 6x10 or so

ahollow

I also use the 6x9. If I don't load the drivers, it acts just like a mouse, so you can easily reposition the pointer. With the drivers loaded, the pad is in direct relationship with the screen, as if you were drawing on the screen.

GK

Under the Wacom preferences you can set up your tablet to only use a portion of it so if you got the bigger tablet but didn't like to use the entire tablet to draw just set the portions in relevance to your monitor and your good to go.

Attachments

• wacom.jpg
    wacom.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 94