• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Waiting in-between panels?

jfiscus

Rap Master
On one of the Mimaki's here (JV3-130SPII) the machine waits between panels for you to hit the Enter button before it starts printing the next panel or job that you send to it. It doesn't display an error, just the heat settings on the screen. It's been that way for a while and is a PITA; having to remember to keep going back there and pushing the button every half hour or so. Does anyone know where to start looking for a solution or diagnosing the issue?

d fleming

I would think checking the machine at least every half hour is just a good idea regardless. Poo Poo Occurs. (PPO)

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would think checking the machine at least every half hour is just a good idea regardless. Poo Poo Occurs. (PPO)

Fortunately, it will run a roll worth of prints just fine with them all qued up as long as someone hits "enter" between each print.
And while that is feasible during the day, it sure slows down production if you forget to check it for a half an hour a couple times per day. (average panels take around 45min to 1 hr ea)
Being able to tell the machine to run a roll of prints overnight would be quite awesome.
I am new at this company, I have been told that in the past it was able to print "continuously" and one day it just stopped doing that... nobody can figure out why.

The other machine here (JV3-160SP) runs a roll of prints overnight so that they are ready for the next step in the morning.

It will be nice when we get a new machine, but that isn't possible at our current location; when we move we'll have the additional room.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I think the problem is the heat setting that we're using to print on this printer:
We have it set at 25 / 20 for the heat settings. The printer is displaying a message that the "current temperature" is 24... and since that is the ambient room temperature, it cannot cool down to 20 degrees as it only has a built-in heater, nothing to make it cooler than "room temp".

I did not set up these heat settings, they are just what I was told it had to be set to in order to print correctly.

I'm still new to these Mimaki's; so I don't understand why different heat settings would effect the print quality?

Billct2

I don't know these machines, but having a similar problem when I had two of the same hps running I would look at all the settings in the one that works correctly and see what the differences are. There are usually queue settings that could be casuing it.

gabagoo

I think the problem is the heat setting that we're using to print on this printer:
We have it set at 25 / 20 for the heat settings. The printer is displaying a message that the "current temperature" is 24... and since that is the ambient room temperature, it cannot cool down to 20 degrees as it only has a built-in heater, nothing to make it cooler than "room temp".

I did not set up these heat settings, they are just what I was told it had to be set to in order to print correctly.

I'm still new to these Mimaki's; so I don't understand why different heat settings would effect the print quality?

that is very low heat.... i print at 45 40

jfiscus

Rap Master
that is very low heat.... i print at 45 40
That is what the other printer is set on.... no idea why this one is set so low.
We've been covered up with work since I started here a couple weeks ago, so I haven't had any down time to run tests to see what the different heat settings print at yet.

BTW, the heat being set too low DID turn out to be the problem; I bumped it up to 25/25 this morning and it is printing a trailer wrap without any assistance!