• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall Easel anyone?

OldPaint

iam workin on a design for that in my mind right now.
i want to build a 4'x16' easel, that i can roll down the wall and then trun it into a 4'x16' table. when i build it ill take pics...

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I built an easel when I first started in the sign business. I made it so it wold hing out from the wall and lay flat against the wall when I was not using it. I was made of new aluminum with a sheet of steel sheet on the face of it. I could hold things to it with magnets and it worked real well for car magnets.

It now spends most of the time folded up against the wall. Since I started working with the Big Squeegee, I do everything flat on a table. I tie one end of a banner down, line up the graphics and mount it in seconds. My back don't get tired because I don't have to lean over it for any length of time.

Mounting long graphics on an easel invites saging as gravity thends to pull the graphic a bit. I mostly had to cut it in strips and mount a lot of little pieces. Mounting on the flat is less of a fight and I mount it in one piece.

My brother tells me that he used the easels for many years because he did a lot of painting. As he got into vinyl he used them a lot less.

OldPaint

iam gona do a couple of garage door side rails, on the wall, the 4x16 will be 5/8 plywood with a 1x4 under frame,with a couple of garage door rollers attached to backside to fit in the rails... and ill makes some fold up legs from 2x4 and hinge them on the backside so when its an easel they will be used to stand out the easle...but when the backside of the 4x16 is let down(by boat winch & cable)these will become the table legs........

Al Checca

I was wondering if anyone else would be kind enough to share pictures of there easels with me. This just might be a project we are going to take on in the next few weeks.
Last shop I was at had one and they worked so much better than working off a table and much quicker too.