• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall Graphics of celebrities

steveoh

I would like to make Fathead like wall graphics of celebrities in Asia.

What equipments (hardware & software) and materials do I need from what companies?

I apologize for too broad a question, but I am really new at this.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Have you taken the time to read up on the copyright laws and how they may impact your proposed business? Have you made any arrangements to obtain a license for each celebrity and figured the cost of such licenses, royalties and volume requirements?

steveoh

Yes to all four of your questions.

I am in fact an attorney admitted to practice law in California, having graduated from St**ford Law School and have worked at S**sung and Mi**osoft.

I am asking the questions because I do have all the necessary agreements and need to find out how to make the products.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I would suggest for software that you license the current Adobe Creative Suite which will include Photoshop and Illustrator. This will give you the ability to handle the kinds of files you will be getting from your licensors.

You will then need to select your hardware for printing and cutting. I would recommend that you select based on the recommendations of the primary dealer from whom you choose to buy, receive your training and who also will be your primary source for supplies, support, and repairs. That dealer will likely have a choice of brands and models and should also be able to supply compatible RIP software as part of the package.

steveoh

Thank you so much Fred.

I would appreciate your recommendation for the primary dealer, if one can do all those things.

If the cost is not so prohibitive, I would like to strive for as good or better quality than Fathead, especially in terms of 3d effect and life-like image.

By the way, I am not in the United States.

If it is alright, I can give you my email address.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Selecting your primary supplier is for you to do by contacting each one available to you, visiting and interviewing them, running test files, etc. to determine who is best for you. There is no way I would have any experience in who's who in the Korean sign supply market. FWIW, here is a link to a starting point.

As far as costs relative to equaling the quality of Fathead products, the nature of your statement would indicate to me that you have much to learn in your research if you have actually gone through the licensing process for the celebrity images. Presumably, you have a written business plan and funding already lined up. The production system you ultimately choose will likely be at least $25K and could be well over $100K. Quality and speed will vary accordingly. All of which will pale in comparison to the costs of supplies, labor, overhead and marketing.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

steveoh

Thanks again, Fred,

You are absolutely correct that I have a lot to learn because I am totally new to this. In fact, I had no idea at all where to find the primary supplier until you gave me guidance.

The suppliers in Korea, will they have the same equipments available in the States? I do not want to be limited to what are available in Korea.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thanks again, Fred,

You are absolutely correct that I have a lot to learn because I am totally new to this. In fact, I had no idea at all where to find the primary supplier until you gave me guidance.

The suppliers in Korea, will they have the same equipments available in the States? I do not want to be limited to what are available in Korea.

I have absolutely no idea. That would be a pretty good question to ask of any dealer you talk to. The point of my comments is that choosing the best dealer to work with your enterprise is probably the most important thing you will be doing.

ProWraps

ill trade you 10 american celebs for 1 korean celeb. ill even up the anty and throw in adtechia for free.

isign for two. lets make a deal. seriously. who you want. i got them all.

Fitch

Man this site - or at least some of the people on it just gets weirder by the day.

Next we'll have Marriage Counsellors requesting info on "what's the best general purpose vinyl to use and how much does it cost and how many mistakes might I expect to make."

Oh and "I heard I can makes heaps doing signs. How much"?

Sheeeeeeeeeese

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
ill trade you 10 american celebs for 1 korean celeb. ill even up the anty and throw in adtechia for free.

isign for two. lets make a deal. seriously. who you want. i got them all.

Man this site - or at least some of the people on it just gets weirder by the day.

Next we'll have Marriage Counsellors requesting info on "what's the best general purpose vinyl to use and how much does it cost and how many mistakes might I expect to make."

Oh and "I heard I can makes heaps doing signs. How much"?

Sheeeeeeeeeese

There are two posts taking this thread in the wrong direction and I just quoted each of them. Perhaps that's where the weirdness is coming from.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This is an interesting thread.
Normally around here we have a bunch of sign makers attempting to be lawyers.
Now we have lawyer trying his hand at sign making.
Could become a trend.

wayne k
guam usa

ProWraps

well its about time. i think we need an attorney on this site. its funny cause i was just thinking about this the other day. this site needs a true attorney to tell us about legal schutff.

my offer stands. 10 to 1.

fred, my wrists hurt. stop slapping them.