Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall mural in Bathroom?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Sticky Signs, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Sticky Signs

Sticky Signs Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    Client called today and said he'd like a wall mural. No problem. He proceeds to tell me it's going in a bathroom. Yikes! Now I'm concerned about moisture/steam from the shower.
    Question is, what would be a suitable material for this environment? Anyone have any experience with this?

Tags:
  2. OlsonSigns601

OlsonSigns601 Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I have a lot of experience in the bathroom, just not with putting vinyl in there.

Actually got vinyl in a local restaurant, besides how someone wrote how Wisconsin Gov Walker sucks penis with a sharpy I think it held up pretty well. Its been at least two years. Not sure how it held up in the Womans bathroom but I would think the mens would get the most abuse. For being about 10" from the pisser, Its held up pretty well.

We used a strip of 3165RA printed that goes down from the ceiling to the floor and is about 20" wide. Its on drywall and will most likely peel the drywall paper up when it comes off but they wanted something long term.

3. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    At least its on the walls and not the urinal! I would hate to have to install these....

Attached Files: