• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall mural in washrooms?

GVP

Greetings!
We've been asked to look at a digital wall mural on the tiled walls of a washroom. Anyone have an experience on vinyl over what I assume are ceramic tiles? Is there a recommendation for type of vinyl to use? My main concern would be the grout lines, I can't see it sticking too well...

Any suggestions or pointers much appreciated!

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
3M IJ480 with 8548 lamination. This will give you the air egress and conformability for the grout lines.

2 install options.....

Option A
Apply normally
Then heat grout lines in

Option B
Install like a textured wall graphic

Do a test with each option. My guess, as I have not done any ceramic tile, is that option B may be too hot and cause a problem on the tile.

Check with your 3M (or vinyl of choice) rep

juan.runnells

Production Manager Wide Format
Yes, IJ480 should work, I would check with the requirements of the customer, if they don't require the non-pvc pseudo green route, I would stick to the IJ180, with your choice of laminate, 480 will probably price you out of the job with the difference in price.

It may still not stick 100% in the ground lines, depends on how wide the spacing is.

If it's a permanent job.. I'd go ij8624 for brick graphics, that stuff will stick to anything including the grout.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk