• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall Noodle question

Letterbox Mike

Anybody know if MacTac's Wallnoodle, Orajet's 3268 wall vinyl, or Avery's 2611 wall vinyl work for an entire permanent wall mural? I have a customer looking for a 30'x9' wall mural, normally we'd just use wallpaper or Phototex, but they want it laminated with a dry erase laminate, so I need to use a more traditional vinyl. I'd rathern not be stuck with a permanent adhesive in case it ever needs to be removed or replaced, hence my thinking that a removable/repositionable material might be best. But I'm worried about whether it will lift at the overlapped seams. Any other suggestions?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I would not reccomend using any of those for a permanent wall graphic. The adhesive will not be strong enough, you should consider maybe the Oracal 3551RA its a 7 year repositionable vinyl.

jay*doc

Not to say that I disagree, but...

3551 may be reposition-able, that's not an issue. But it's not reposition-able for 7 years, only during the installation, and in all honesty, on a vehicle's painted surface. Have you ever tried to remove 3551 after any substantial length of time from a painted interior wall?

I personally would say that the options you originally thought of would work fine, but when you add a dry erase overlaminate, non of the manufacturers are going to stand behind it if it falls down or starts to curl.

And also, make sure you read all the spec sheets, even though those films are made for walls and to be removed, the manufacturers will not guarantee that paint will not come off with the vinyl. Just a heads up!

jay*doc

jay*doc

I re read your post. here is another suggestion. Cut 1" strips of dry erase overlaminate to cover the seams. This will make it easier for them to write on as well :)

Barbie2

avery

we were told by our ink supplier (eleven ten) that avery's wall product has a thicker glue, thus holds better and can print to the edge.

ZsVinylInc

Earlier today or yesterday someone posted a thread about using Orajets 3268 and they laminated it. By the time the got to the third or fourth panel the top and bottoms were already curling The decided to take small strips of lam and over lay them 50 / 50 on the vinyl and wall. Just to give you some idea.

grafixemporium

Insignia, any solution for this project yet? I'm doing a permanent mural on a 12'x9' wall this week. It's going in a children's area of a church. It's a painted sheetrock surface with no texture added. I was thinking of just using 3M 180c-v3. Thoughts?