Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall Panels

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by CreativeCreationGraphics, Oct 22, 2018.

1. So I'm installing these 10' tall wall graphics that have 1/2" bleed. I'm having the hardest time lining the second panel up now that I've installed the first one. I was careful not to stretch material and the wall is pretty flat. I know that graphics lined up when laid on a table. Has anyone run into this? I'm struggling to make them line up perfectly

Tags:
  2. Anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this?

3. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    What material is it?

4. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    A good practice would be to alternate your panel prints. i.e. rotate every other print 180°

5. RISEgraphics

RISEgraphics Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Could be a number of things. Was it lined up all the way down? Meaning, you can take your ruler or measuring tape and there's a consistent 1/2" bleed overhanging the edge the entire length of 10' panel?

6. jimbug72

jimbug72 Member

Oct 25, 2008
    South Carolina
    It's been a long time since I've seamed a graphic and never anything this big but when all we had was a Roland SP-300 I used to tape all of the panels onto the substrate at once and line them up. I would then vertically stagger the hinge tapes so to not interfere with the application of the panels before/behind it. Then I would apply the "top" halves of each panel, then go back and do the bottom halves. It was a huge PITA and I don't know if I could have managed it doing 10' panels. The largest vertical installation I ever did like that was maybe 5 feet, but my seams always matched up quite well.

7. I did alternate my panel prints. I printed on Avery MPI 1105 with Avery DOL 1380z Matte Lam.

8. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    What printer?

9. HP Latex 365

10. HP Latex 365

11. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    Have you got omas turned off?

12. What is omas?

13. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    In the media advanced options on the printer. Turn it off and see if the lengths are more consistent.

14. Awesome thanks