• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall vinyl

GVP

Greetings!

We are producing a digitally printed wall graphic on Oracal 3628 with 210 matte laminate. It will consist of four vertical panels. My question is, would you put an overlap between the panels, and if so, by how much? The graphic is going on to semi-gloss painted drywall.

Thanks!
Graham

Letterbox Mike

1". And it's going to pull at the seams and around the edges FYI. If it's not too late I'd highly recommend using Phototex over the vinyl, the seams/edges won't pull or shrink over time, and you can double-cut the seams and strip them so there's no overlap left.

MikePro

+1 phototex. I also use graphitex from General Formulations. great stuff.
there's also a few other brands that carry the same wall graphic media. Optima Optisolve Wall Tex (advantage sign supply), MacTac DecoArt, JarHead, etc.

just drop those names to whatever supplier you already have in Canada and I'm sure they have options for you.

petesign

Went and looked at the Graphitex, and it fits the bill for a project I am working on. Question for those who have tried it. The produt bulletin says its for short term applications, and that it's removable up to 6 months. How long would it stay up inside and look goodif it was meant for a longer term, (a year or two?)

I'm amazed how hard it is to find an economical film to use for wall graphics...

bigben

I've tried the phototex copy made by ultraflex named fabritac. For me, it's the same product for 0.20$/sf cheaper.

MikePro

Went and looked at the Graphitex, and it fits the bill for a project I am working on. Question for those who have tried it. The produt bulletin says its for short term applications, and that it's removable up to 6 months. How long would it stay up inside and look goodif it was meant for a longer term, (a year or two?)

I'm amazed how hard it is to find an economical film to use for wall graphics...

same question I had for all the booths at the ISA show. Concensus was that it is 6months clean-removeability, adhesive hardens after that and is more difficult to remove. Graphic should hold up as long as you want, the woven polyester won't shrink/curl.

I've had my sample print of phototex on my wall here at the shop for over a year now, no issues. sample print of graphictex for even longer, with no issues. looking like both of these are the real deal.

I just installed a 60" x 12'6" mural for a client today, 30min seamless install, I'll be sure to post if there's any issues over the next few years :)

Photo Tex

Photo Tex separates itself form the alternatives with a US Patented adhesive. A simple test is to rub with your thumb 10 times on the adhesive and see if the alternatives ball up. Photo Tex does not :rock-n-roll: Reason they do, is the adhesive is not cured with the same process we use. Also the Photo Tex adhesive is 100% cured and therefore you do not need to remove after 6 months and worry about residue or damage to a wall. Read everyone's technical bulletin and compare. I am happy to send anyone a free sample to compare and if price is an issue, simply ask me. walterjr@phototexgroup.com - Entering our 10th year - thank you Walter Gierlach Jr., President