• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall Vinyl

WrapperX

I have been asked by my boss to do some research into what people are using for Solvent Printed Wall Vinyl. We have used a number of wall vinyls as tests, including "Wall Noodle", Mojave, and an HP Premium thats supposed to be for wall graphics.

These vinyls all advertised on easy removability with no adhesives left behind. However all tests that we have produced have left the image curling away from the wall within a couple days and into weeks. Although the main body of the image stays on, the edges all curl up. We have tried the theory of printing a white border along all edges to ensure non curling but even that has left us with some curling.

My questions to you: Does anyone have a wall vinyl that they swear by. That they have seen with their own eyes that doesn't curl? What material is it, what print setting are being used on it, what sort of ICC profiles are being used and where did you recieve it from.

Thanks for all the help from you guys.

DIGITAL360

Hello, theres phototex fabric paper that we use and never ever curls. never had a problem with it. you can purchase it through www.fellers.com. The material is more expensive then what your using but you will be happy with it & the most important part so will your customer. if you need to laminate it they recommend to spray laminate. you can pickup a can for $5 bucks (matte of gloss) at your local hardware store. For icc profiles check out the manufactures website at: www.phototexgroup.com for all the information you need. i heard that oracal 3621 with clean removable was used on walls with great success. i havent tried it yet so i personally cant say much about it although the pricing on that is only $.18/sq ft. hope that helps

jfiscus

Rap Master
GMI brand works best in our experience.
Phototex never curls but looks like poop as far a bright vibrant image is concerned.

WrapperX

GMI brand works best in our experience.
Phototex never curls but looks like poop as far a bright vibrant image is concerned.

What do you use as far as printers go with the GMI brand?
Do you cut the white border as they suggest in the brochures?
And are you using these as indoor or outdoor applications?

WrapperX

Our experience has been soo negative with wall vinyl that this is pretty much our last time with this type of product. If we don't fine something that we like and we feel comfortable that it works, we will probably scrap this area of business.

I'll probably order a sample of this phototex as well. But we are still open to other ideas.

jfiscus

Rap Master
What do you use as far as printers go with the GMI brand?
Do you cut the white border as they suggest in the brochures?
And are you using these as indoor or outdoor applications?

We use our sp540v for everything, we do the small white border on them, never even tried cutting on edge of print, but I can't fathom a problem with it? Indoor applications with GMI, outdoor would require a permanent adhesive... although phototex works fine outdoors in our experience.

Attachments

• IMG_2107.jpg
    IMG_2107.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2507.jpg
    IMG_2507.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 85

DIGITAL360

We used dreamscape monet material for a wall mural. it had a 2 year indoor durability which is pretty short but after about 2 years the material was still hanging tuff with no signs of peeling. the disappointing thing about that material is that i shrinks pretty quick so overlaping panels more then they recommended would be a good idea. visible signs of shrinking will be noticed along the edges of the wall that was once covered within a year. For this over priced material with its short term indoor durability that shrinks quickly ill give 2 thumbs down on this one. Been there,did that.done that

gabagoo

We used dreamscape monet material for a wall mural. it had a 2 year indoor durability which is pretty short but after about 2 years the material was still hanging tuff with no signs of peeling. the disappointing thing about that material is that i shrinks pretty quick so overlaping panels more then they recommended would be a good idea. visible signs of shrinking will be noticed along the edges of the wall that was once covered within a year. For this over priced material with its short term indoor durability that shrinks quickly ill give 2 thumbs down on this one. Been there,did that.done that

I have used the Dreamscape but it does not come with an adhesive, not the stuff I have bought anyways and is wallpaper. The nice thing about it is that because of the patterns in the paper it looks good on the wall. Not sure about the shrinkage factor and maybe that has something to do with the adhesive you may use? I have no idea.