• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall wrap installation pricing

dale911

President
I'm in the midwest and 90% of my business is print to the trade. The other 10% is installation to the trade. I know from working with the wrap guys that they wholesale charge 3-5$ per sq ft for installation only on a vehicle so that's what I have been charging when I do any wrap work. Is wall wrap the same pricing? I would assume if an excellent vehicle wrap is about $5 a sq ft that wall work would be about $3 per sq. I have been requested to price out a wall wrap job that is 2100 sq ft. the wall are between 10'x10' and 10'x20' except for one long hallway that is 65'w. They company wanting the quote is doing their own printing on 3m textured surface vinyl, probably 8615 but I haven't confirmed the surface.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'm usually around $2.50 for walls or windows when I install to the trade. $3.50 if it looks like PITA or under 200 sq.ft.

CL Visual

2.50 per foot plus travel fee and equipment rental (if needed) is going rate in NY. 500ft and above only. Below 500, it's more per job pricing than by square foot.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
$3-5 on a vehicle? wow. how much do they charge the customer? i do a vehicles for $2! I did a sprinter last week. It was like 325sf.
the guy who hired my would have flip out if I tell him I want $1200 for the install.
A full sprinter wrap usually goes for like 2400-2600 top. They would never spend the half of that on the installer

boxerbay

I wouldn't just blindly quote by sq ft. what if there are 15 outlets and 13 windows and 14 doors and 8 fire alarms and 6 emergency lights and a water fountain and 4 file cabinets? Not the same as a blank hallway. Same for vehicles. Do they just want a slap job or do they want to pull the door handles and mirrors and tailights and the front and rear bumpers? Each project is unique and so each quote is unique.

Last edited:

Circleville Signs

Wall wraps depend on the surface. We do a lot of this stuff wholesale to the trade. If it's a really large project that is smooth surface, then we are anywhere from $1.50-2/sf. If it's rough surface, then up to $4/sf depending on just how rough the surface is.

This does not include any costs associated with lifts, etc. For reference, we are in the midwest (Oh)

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Vehicle wrap install...

Based on the vehicle and the complexity of the wrap. $3-$5/sq.ft. Doing bumpers, mirrors, etc will be the $5 per

Also do they want things like the mirrors removed. When we install for others we use the 5 minute rule. If it can't be taken off in 5 minutes we work around or over it. We also remove all possible badges. Love those Fords with the pinned logos (we don't remove those)

WB

For regular interior wall graphics on drywall I charge about 2-3$ depending on the Sq.ft. I Don't factor in windows and doors because really I charge to wrap that area and if it's not there I get paid for it and it makes up for any added time to trim around them.

Every application is different and every market is different. What Someone can charge in Florida is different then what I can in Canada..

And I'm an installer to the trade, is there any other way to install? I don't try to find regular people buying cheap vinyl on ebay looking for a cheap wrap install.

Textured wall vinyl is completely different then applying vinyl to drywall.. Do you have any experience installing this type of vinyl?

I installed a 10'x90' cinder block wall last year and it took me 2 10 hr days using the 3M application tool.

Hope that helps or make you think abit more.

Last edited:

WB

Vehicle wrap install...

Based on the vehicle and the complexity of the wrap. $3-$5/sq.ft. Doing bumpers, mirrors, etc will be the $5 per

Also do they want things like the mirrors removed. When we install for others we use the 5 minute rule. If it can't be taken off in 5 minutes we work around or over it. We also remove all possible badges. Love those Fords with the pinned logos (we don't remove those)

Did you even read the title of the thread or what he wrote dude?..lol

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Holy Crap! Did I miss that! My bad, thanks WB!

If they are printing their material, make sure what it is.

Drywall install - $2.00 - $3.00/sq.ft. (1 installer)

Textured wall - $3.00 - $4.00/sq.ft. (depending on surface - 1 installer)
Using proper material and installation tools, your pace is approximately 2"/second horizontally and apply in approximate 2" strips vertically (due to application overlapping rolls) I've found that a 10' x 10' area should take you approx 1.5 - 2 hours. Initial panel set, roll, align next panel, repeat.