• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall wrap tools?

skjeflo

Anyone found some decent quality wall wrap application tools? 3M make some wonderful tools (and we have quite a few of them) for it, but their price is quite high. We are looking to make additions to that kit but keep costs in check a bit as we don't do wraps of any kind all that often. Specifically looking to add another mortar joint roller. 3M is asking $245.

citysignshop

Anyone found some decent quality wall wrap application tools? 3M make some wonderful tools (and we have quite a few of them) for it, but their price is quite high. We are looking to make additions to that kit but keep costs in check a bit as we don't do wraps of any kind all that often. Specifically looking to add another mortar joint roller. 3M is asking $245.
nothing bugs me more than 3M's crazy prices for these things.....except, when you think that they only make a handful, so the R&D is not spread over very many units, and.....if your shop rate is $100/hr, can you really make one that's just as good in two hours? plus materials?
...or should your really just stick to making signs, and buy one with your profits?....or build the cost into a big job that actually 'pays'.

I looked at the big roller, and it looks so simple, except perhaps for some kind of foam that's tough, yet soft, yet heat resistant? Yeah. I could spend 6 hours driving all over town looking for something..... that's $50 a chunk, and it really doesn't work quite right, so I'm going out again in search of 'the right stuff'.

...now if I could only find a helmet, with a holder for a heat gun, and just swing my head side-to-side....... so I can use both hands to roll and burnish and squeegee and......
or grow another arm? :)

BigNate

..."citysignshop take your arm off of me.... thank you, and the other one... thank you, and the other one!....."

skjeflo

"nothing bugs me more than 3M's crazy prices for these things..."

Thus the reason for the original post. Hoping someone had come across a more reasonably priced alternative to the, while not necessarily overpriced, expensive tools.

From what I read here no one does. Almost like the market is so small it's not worth it...or one monolithic corporation eliminates all the competition via advertising dollars and/or cease-and-desist letters....

Dale D

"nothing bugs me more than 3M's crazy prices for these things..."

Thus the reason for the original post. Hoping someone had come across a more reasonably priced alternative to the, while not necessarily overpriced, expensive tools.

From what I read here no one does. Almost like the market is so small it's not worth it...or one monolithic corporation eliminates all the competition via advertising dollars and/or cease-and-desist letters....
I use a lot of tools from this guy. This is what I use for mortar joints as well as rivets on box trucks. He patented and makes them at his wrap shop....