• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall Wrap with Avery Supreme Wrapping Film

Wposters

Has anyone wrapped a wall with Avery Supreme wrapping film, color change style? I have a customer that wants a white wall wrapped in blue. The wall has been freshly primed with sheetrock primer. Does anyone have any experience? We would like to use Satin Dark Blue SW900-682.

signheremd

I have only ever put vinyl on finished painted wall, but some advice: paint is dry to touch soon after painting but off gases/internally dries over 30 days - so best not to rush install, always do a test to see how well is adheres - you can use heat to help, but wrap vinyl is not meant to stick to walls, last, you could apply wrap vinyl on top of a wall vinyl if you had too to get it to stick properly

Has anyone wrapped a wall with Avery Supreme wrapping film, color change style? I have a customer that wants a white wall wrapped in blue. The wall has been freshly primed with sheetrock primer. Does anyone have any experience? We would like to use Satin Dark Blue SW900-682.
I always use 3M Lx480 for walls. It works really well. Looks like paint when installed properly.
Personally, I wouldn't want to risk using anything that isn't advertised as being for walls.

Wposters

Thanks so much for the input. We typically use 3M Envision 480 series for all our wall wraps. However, our printer is having trouble printing this solid blue smooth and consistent on the Envision material. That's why we are throwing around alternative ideas to see what might work. Since you mentioned the 3M 480 material, do you have any printing issues? We are getting stripes throughout the solid blue print, not really uniform banding but almost like what a brindle pattern looks like on a dog's fur. Hopefully that's descriptive enough... We have a Roland VG 640 solvent eco inks. We have tried the official profile and other profiles with basically the same weird pattern... Any advise appreciated!

TEN

Why not just paint the wall if they just want a solid color? Most printers (that I have worked with) are going to struggle to print a consistent solid dark color and have it match perfectly panel after panel.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Why not just paint the wall if they just want a solid color? Most printers (that I have worked with) are going to struggle to print a consistent solid dark color and have it match perfectly panel after panel.

Did you read the original post? They're thinking of using a solid wrapping cast film, so no printing involved.

signheremd

Thanks so much for the input. We typically use 3M Envision 480 series for all our wall wraps. However, our printer is having trouble printing this solid blue smooth and consistent on the Envision material. That's why we are throwing around alternative ideas to see what might work. Since you mentioned the 3M 480 material, do you have any printing issues? We are getting stripes throughout the solid blue print, not really uniform banding but almost like what a brindle pattern looks like on a dog's fur. Hopefully that's descriptive enough... We have a Roland VG 640 solvent eco inks. We have tried the official profile and other profiles with basically the same weird pattern... Any advise appreciated!
That sounds like your printer needs a calibration and/or or has a few clogged nozzles. If you print at high quality do you still get that banding?

I am not familiar with that printer, but head alignment and drop detection is what I would do on HP latex printers. Sometimes a manual head alignment works better than the auto. If you have some jets out you can try to recover them, although I do not know how you do that on your machine.