• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall wrap

chachimacho

Just wrapped this last week. Printed on 3662 for walls and 180-10 for the door.

Attachments

• IMG_1664.jpg
    IMG_1664.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 136

Brands Imaging

2nd thoughts....why did you switch up material like that? 3552 would have been fine for the door....

I mean...what you did was fine, but perhaps a bit overkill and expensive...also, was it hard getting the color match with different profiles/materials??

chachimacho

I really don't have a good answer for that! I'm just the installer, so I put up what my company gives me. The colors matched up well - they just got a new Epson solvent based printer and profiled all of the materials they use.

I DO know that 3662 is designed for screen printing and not warrantied for how we use it. The solvent based inks turn the vinyl into taffy and makes the adhesive tackier, which makes it a tough install.

I did appreciate the 180-10 for the door, though. It made working around the four door hinges easy, since it's not very aggressive compared to the 3662.

I am not familiar with 3552. What do people use this material for?

Brands Imaging

I'm sorry...I meant 3551 or....really any permanent or removable vinyl would word will on that wall with some spray tack in the corners for insurance...

i think its nuts that you guys you screen print materials for a solvent printer...i dont know...maybe thats common or something.

Spencer McMurtry

what tools did you use to install over the bricks? rollers? special heat gun? temp gun? I have never installed on brick before..

looks good!

chachimacho

I used the 3M line of rollers and a heat gun. The trick is slow speed, decent pressure, 1,000 deg of heat and overlapping like crazy with the roller. If you go too fast, the vinyl looks streaked or glossy in some ares and not in others. I always try to make it consistent as possible.