Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall Wraps

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by SublimeCreative, Nov 13, 2018.

1. SublimeCreative

SublimeCreative New Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Hey Guys.

I am in the process of printing a wall wrap for a shop internal wall.. Now my question is can i use a Monomeric 3yr vinyl with lam instead of a specific wall vinyl which is 3 times as expensive?

2. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Sure, you can use anything you want. It may not conform, the adhesive may fall off the wall, etc but you can test it and see if it works.

• Like Like x 2
  3. hiddenmole

hiddenmole New Member

Nov 1, 2018
    plymouth england
    PVA GLUE IT FIRST - SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  4. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Dont be cheap in your own store. 3m control tac...matte finish.

If u wanna be cheap, dont wrap

5. Signwave NY

Signwave NY New Member

Dec 8, 2017
    New York
    3M adhesion test kits don't cost much. Sometimes a distributor will give you one for free. It has weights and a tension scale to test any vinyl (not only 3M). I use it for every wall vinyl job before quoting the material.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mikesign

mikesign New Member

oracal 3640 with matt lamination works great. You just can remove it once you put it on without messing up the wall finish.

7. Odilian Gosselin

Odilian Gosselin New Member

Mar 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Avery, Mac Tac, use this self-adhesive graphics film because it is a block out vinyl and its adhesive produces a great long-term contact with most wall surfaces

8. CSOCSO

CSOCSO I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.

Jul 18, 2012
    Florida
    flexcon busmark is a really good vinyl. insalled a crap ton of those and never had an issue. very cheap vinyl. easy to install. Even conforms o textured wall pretty decent and stays like that for a long time.

9. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I think the main difference between 3ml and wall material is that the wall material is thicker and goes over the surface better not showing the texture of the painted wall...it also has removable adhesive I believe.. Regular vinyl when caught in a glare looks like bubble hell