• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall Wraps

SublimeCreative

Hey Guys.

I am in the process of printing a wall wrap for a shop internal wall.. Now my question is can i use a Monomeric 3yr vinyl with lam instead of a specific wall vinyl which is 3 times as expensive?

Signwave NY

3M adhesion test kits don't cost much. Sometimes a distributor will give you one for free. It has weights and a tension scale to test any vinyl (not only 3M). I use it for every wall vinyl job before quoting the material.

mikesign

oracal 3640 with matt lamination works great. You just can remove it once you put it on without messing up the wall finish.

Hey Guys.

I am in the process of printing a wall wrap for a shop internal wall.. Now my question is can i use a Monomeric 3yr vinyl with lam instead of a specific wall vinyl which is 3 times as expensive?
Avery, Mac Tac, use this self-adhesive graphics film because it is a block out vinyl and its adhesive produces a great long-term contact with most wall surfaces

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
flexcon busmark is a really good vinyl. insalled a crap ton of those and never had an issue. very cheap vinyl. easy to install. Even conforms o textured wall pretty decent and stays like that for a long time.

gabagoo

I think the main difference between 3ml and wall material is that the wall material is thicker and goes over the surface better not showing the texture of the painted wall...it also has removable adhesive I believe.. Regular vinyl when caught in a glare looks like bubble hell