• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wallscape Installation Help

rob128

Hi Folks,

We have a bit of an installation issue with a potential job we have been asked to quote.

The client wishes to do a 30'x15' banner on an exterior wall near a highway (no pedestrian or roadway traffic nearby) but, due to a number of restrictions, we can not install a proper frame or drill into the building and will need to hang the banner using some other method.

The banner could be up for as long as 1 year and the building is corrugated aluminum with 3 inch indentations every 2 feet (thus no adhesive vinyl) so will get considerable wind load in the channels.

I have been researching other technologies such as 3M's Dual Lock but have never used it for this type of application and am skeptical as to whether it would hold up over time.

Does anyone have any thoughts about how to accomplish this or should we say frame or no go?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Rob

MikePro

Bedazzle it! ....with Tapcon screws and washers

o, and welcome from Wisconsin to a great forum!

rob128

Thanks for the welcome Mike.

Unfortunately, we can not screw anything into the face of the building.

Rob

Morgan

rails

You will have to connect to something. Rails from ground to roof, with a frame work across -
Nice job if they are willing to pay for it.

How long does this have to last?

MikePro

gonna have to stretch your canvas with cables then... you need mechanical fasteners with something that large.

Marlene

seems like we have been hearing a lot of requests for installs that don't screw into the building. about the only thing that sounds safe at that size is to try what jhillsdesigns suggested and use existing screw on the building to hold up a frame that you can attach the banner to. that is one big banner and it has to have more than some dual lock velcro to hold it up. I use that stuff for a lot of installs but never for anything like that.

boxerbay

LEAD PIPE.

Make a lead pipe frame, attach your banner to it, then hang the frame from the top with cables, and dont forget to use cables at the bottom to anchor into the ground with those corkscrew shed anchor thingamajiggers.

You might want to use mesh banner instead of solid banner to mitigate some of the wind issues.

rob128

Our first thought was, as you suggest, to replace the screws and use those but we still are unsure if that is an option.

One of our team had seen this photo (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2780846682.134873.178677266682&type=1&theater) of a banner about the size of ours which is supposedly held up with the Dual Lock, but as I said, I'm skeptical.

Good idea on the mesh material, hadn't thought of that. do you have any recommendations for a product? we haven't worked with mesh banners before.

Thanks everyone for the ideas.
Rob