• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Walmart

Marlene

Sams club is owned by the Walton Family (Sam Walton...the foudner of Walmart Hence Sams Club). Much like Walmart Sams Club pays low wages and treats their employees poorly. My fiance works at Costco and her cousin works at Sams Club....the difference in their starting pay was $4 and the work environment at Sams is awful compared to Costco....they are almost right next door to eachother too.

the last time I heard, people aren't forced to work for Walmart or Sam's, they apply to a job there and can chose to work there or not. it up to them to take care of the issues they have with their employer, not me. seems like both Walmart and Sam's would have to do something if they couldn't get anyone to work for them.

WildWestDesigns

the last time I heard, people aren't forced to work for Walmart or Sam's, they apply to a job there and can chose to work there or not. it up to them to take care of the issues they have with their employer, not me. seems like both Walmart and Sam's would have to do something if they couldn't get anyone to work for them.

A job is a job to some people. Walmart will hire just about anybody as they are a really big company and an easy target for a discrimination case if they didn't. I'm sure they have some dark corner they can shove a person and get work out of them. With some counties in this state being in 20% unemployement, I think that there is less of an option to some people. Walmart would not be my first job choice, but if I needed a job and the money and they would hire me, I would go there, not because I wanted to go there. I really wouldn't have a choice in the matter, unless y'all wanted mind me mooching over your tax dollars and get assistence. I guess why not, everyone else is.

As to leaving it up between the employer and employee, not much is really going to happen unless there is some regulation that might affect them if it goes public. However, in order to get to that regulation, people outside the employeer and employee "circle" have to care about how things are settled. I doubt the working conditions in the cotton gin back in my hometown would have changed at all if it was left up to the employeer and employee to settle it and my now deceased relatives could tell you some horror stories about that place. Which I'm sure contributed to it being closed down even before cotton stopped being grown around the town.

Signs 365

Its a shame that class-action suit filed in March was turned down by the Supreme Court. 1.6 Million American Women against Walmart. Former and current employees including managers. That tells you something. Of course people choose to work there but for most of those people its the only job they can find. Who really wants to check receipts for $7.55 an hour.

Marlene

Walmart would not be my first job choice, but if I needed a job and the money and they would hire me, I would go there, not because I wanted to go there.

me too

As to leaving it up between the employer and employee, not much is really going to happen unless there is some regulation that might affect them if it goes public. However, in order to get to that regulation, people outside the employeer and employee "circle" have to care about how things are settled.

that is true but it needs to start at the employee level and then go to those who can do something. one big problem that I see is as more and more conservatives get into office the less and less the little guy will be cared about. the let business run business would work if a business didn't take advantage of it's employees which they do.

Its a shame that class-action suit filed in March was turned down by the Supreme Court. 1.6 Million American Women against Walmart.

it is a shame as when has being too big been a good reason not to be able to file a class-action suit?

as far as I am concerned, I need to spend my money in a way that is good for my family. me spending more on items I need will do no one any good and will only make my money go for less. I'm sure if everyone got together and didn't shop there, it might make a difference but that isn't going to happen. realistically, the only way to make changes for employees of Walmart/Sam's is for them to do it from the inside

dsmskyline

Target>Walmart

Im with this guy. I am more than happy to spend more money at Target to not have to deal with the people at Wal-Mart. I occasionally go with my dad to Wal-mart but they don't get my business. I have yet to go to with him and not have 2-3 people in line in front of us paying with food stamps.

Not the demographic of people I like to be around. Call me a snob if you will.

I do however enjoy Sam's Club.

There arent any "local" supermarkets around. Frys(Kroger), Safeway(Vons), and Bashas, a couple of them originated here in AZ but they are still a big orgination.

I also refuse to shop in dollar stores.

Si Allen

When you are a company as large as WalMart ... you can do as you please!

A couple of years ago, the employees at one of the WalMarts ( The location escapes me) decided to form a union! They then went to management with their demands.

WalMart simply closed that sore!

Zazzess

Haven't seen those guys over here... oh and thanks for the pictures... now my eyes are bleeding lolll
I go Wallmart shopping for the dry grocery things... after I go Loblaws for the rest... But there is nothing like a lil' market to buy the fruits and vegetables....