• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Walmart

Farmboy

Although I'm not a big fan of the store, you can't beat getting a box of Klondike Bars for $2.50. So that's what I'd do for a Klondike bar, brave wally world.

SignStudent

Ugh I feel the same way. I hate supporting the beast but can't justify paying more elsewhere on my current limited income.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Can of Folgers is $4 less at Walmart than at Publix grocery. Less convenient and a less pleasant store, but almost a 30% savings gets them our occasional patronage. We offset that choice by shopping at a locally owned meat market where we find better quality and still lower than Publix.

OldPaint

walmart:
home premium O.J. $2 @ PUBLIX $3.98
SUPER big box cheerios WM $3 @ PUBLIX $5.80
VERNORS ginger ale 12 pak WM, $2.98 PUBLIX $4.25
this are just a couple thing i buy all the time.
how bout a whole rotisserie chicken for $4.98 @ WM, @ PUBLIX, $7.59!!!! the advantage to shopping WALLY WORLD, is i can go there at 12:00-1:00 AM........and do my shopping.........less people and you may have to contend with cleaning and restocking crews.
as for the Klondike BARS..........iam addicted. have been since i was a kid and growin up in western pa, the originators of them was the ISELY'S ice cream stores!!!!!!! they also made the most delicious rolled up chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream loaf.

WildWestDesigns

You couldn't drag me to the local walmart store. As long as I have any decent disposable income available, I just won't go there. You would be surprised at what deals you could get at Publix and Harris Teeter that would close the gap between them and walmart. Although my adversion to walmart just goes much deeper then that. It also helps that walmart is 3x the travel time then publix and 2x the travel time to Teeter. There selection has also taken a turn for the worse (at least for me) as of late.

CheapVehicleWrap

I'm fond of the local dollar general. Of the 9300 stores, this one is the top which they do their videos in. Great prices on a ton of stuff and it's located right next door to Harbor allowing me to kill several stones with one bird.

WildWestDesigns

I'm fond of the local dollar general. Of the 9300 stores, this one is the top which they do their videos in. Great prices on a ton of stuff and it's located right next door to Harbor allowing me to kill several stones with one bird.

Dollar General is actually even further then Walmart for me. One of the benefits of living out in the country. The ole ball and chain's hometown actually fought for not having a dollar general for the longest time. They lost by the mere fact that the they needed something like that in the town(it is a very very small town).

Si Allen

I avoid WalMart6 like the plague!

Aisles clogged by women with butts so big that they should have back up alarms and 3 or 4 brats messing up the displays on both sides of the aisle!

I shop Costco ... better quality items at the same prices. Also shop the local markets using the weekly ads we get every Tuesday.

CanuckSigns

I avoid WalMart6 like the plague!

Aisles clogged by women with butts so big that they should have back up alarms and 3 or 4 brats messing up the displays on both sides of the aisle!

I shop Costco ... better quality items at the same prices. Also shop the local markets using the weekly ads we get every Tuesday.

i also avoid walmart, it's not so much the store as much as the people who shop there! but saying that, Costco around here is even worse for morbidly obese people lugging their frog spawn around the store in a daze! for the most part I just hate shopping

FrankenSigns.biz

My wife hates the place and won't shop there no matter what.

I do though. I take the kids and we buy stuff, not because Walmart's cheaper, but just because they have acres of stuff and pretty much whatever I need, whenever I need it.

skdave

I'm a Wally World vendor so I shop there. 1 mile from my house. and very new. Prices alway good.

Dave Drane

Get some of the best Australian wine there that is twice the price here!! Yellowtail wine is among the best in the world, or am I being biased?!!

Techman

wal mart is hated here. There is just two. Both are not super stores wither. The locals here found out long ago that walmart is not the all benevolent cheaper dealer they want every one to love.

I havn't been there but twice if 5 years. There are better bargains at other places.