• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Want a new monitor

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You likely have to go to the website to pull up the panel type. It is never advertised. Or it should be on the box in very fine print. Let's put it this way, if the monitor is cheap, then it is likely a tft. There is a reason that some monitors are $600-800 and the same size can also be $200. Dell's more expensive monitors are s-pva or s-ips

The average consumer will be fine with a tft. If color is important, don't buy a cheap monitor, period

I am waiting on the LED monitor technology before replacing my Samsung. Apple came out with a 24" LED LCD but it only works as an extra monitor to hook up to the latest laptops. You cannot hook it up to a old laptop or any existing desktops

They have discontinued the 23", only 20 and 30" available from Apple. 23-24 is a good size. I imagine they will make all LED, not sure when

If not, I will replace with another brand, as long as it is an IPS panl

I thought they had mini-dvi, dvi and VGA adapters for the mini display port?

I was toying around with getting another monitor for the desktop I'm saving up for before they sell out, but am going to wait and see if the new 30" comes in a matte finish screen.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I thought they had mini-dvi, dvi and VGA adapters for the mini display port?

I was toying around with getting another monitor for the desktop I'm saving up for before they sell out, but am going to wait and see if the new 30" comes in a matte finish screen.

No not unless something has come out in the past month. From a website.

"As of December 2008, the only computers that can be used with the display are the current 15-inch MacBook Pros (), the new aluminum MacBooks (), and the current MacBook Air (). Apple has said that all future Mac products will include Mini DisplayPort support, and converting cables and boxes may be in the offing. But in the meantime, this new monitor has a very limited audience."

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
No not unless something has come out in the past month. From a website.

"As of December 2008, the only computers that can be used with the display are the current 15-inch MacBook Pros (), the new aluminum MacBooks (), and the current MacBook Air (). Apple has said that all future Mac products will include Mini DisplayPort support, and converting cables and boxes may be in the offing. But in the meantime, this new monitor has a very limited audience."

You're right, just went there, there are adapters for mini to others, but not the other way...

New industry standard!!!...PHOOOOEY!!!!

Letterbox Mike

If you're looking to go big and want a really good monitor, i just chedked and Dell's 30" is down to right around $1000 now, that's about $800 less than I paid for mine a little over a year ago, and it's a darn good display.

GB2

Old Member
Try a Dell 2209WA, which is a new model IPS monitor that has been getting great reviews and has a great price point. I plan on ordering a couple myself next week.